Alaska

Alaska

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why I Started this Blog

I started this blog at the suggestion of a friend, as I was discussing the possibility of beginning a freelance writing business.  She suggested that having a blog might be a good way to get exposure.  I agree.  However, on a macro level, this blog is about more than just getting writing exposure, it's about visibility on a personal and spiritual level.

I've spent much of my life trying to be invisible; but never quite succeeding.  I would not submit any of my writing for publication, I would not share it with anyone, I would not even acknowledge to others that I wrote.  As I mature, however, I've started to find an inner confidence in myself, and a desire to write what's on my mind.  This blog will be a place where I can do that.

Right now, I don't see this blog as being particularly topical.  But, we will see where it leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment